Pest Control in Commercial Businesses
Commercial properties vary widely in size, materials, function, and usage, but one thing they all have in common is their susceptibility to pests. Here are six types of residential spaces that pests target.
- Schools. Parents send their children to learn in a safe and calming environment. If teachers or students are distracted by pests, it’s difficult to focus on education.
- Retail and Offices. Retail and office spaces have people constantly coming and going all day every day, which makes it easy for rodents, insects, and other pests to enter—and easier still for an infestation to spread once they’re inside.
- Healthcare Facilities. Healthcare facilities host individuals with compromised immune systems. The disease and bacteria carried by pests could pose a severe health risk to patients.
- Manufacturers. Manufacturing floors feature specialized equipment with many small moving parts. Any small creatures who manage to get in the way could slow or even stop production.
- Restaurants. Restaurants must adhere to strict hygiene codes to prevent patrons from getting sick after eating their food. Pests carry disease and contaminate food, making the chance of contracting an illness high.
- Storage. Warehouses and storage spaces exist to keep inventory or possessions clean and safe. An infestation of rodents or insects could result in goods being damaged or soiled.
Pests to Be Aware Of
Mice and rats can become an issue in any commercial space, but the risk is greater wherever large amounts of food are prepared and eaten, such as restaurants, hotels, schools, and hospitals. Rodents will eat anything out in the open and can smell food from a significant distance. Since these pests pose a serious health hazard, it’s important to not leave food out and ensure there aren’t any holes in the siding or screens of your building.
Few pests have the power to drive customers away like cockroaches, as these hardy bugs are strongly associated with uncleanliness and can contaminate food and other items. Cockroaches are extremely difficult to get rid of—they can survive months without food and over a week without water. It’s best to take preventive measures, such as ensuring moisture doesn’t collect anywhere and taking immediate action if you ever spot one of these insects.
Ants are a common pest in all types of commercial facilities, and even the smallest amount of food can attract them. They are often drawn to the heated floors in commercial buildings during the winter months and will forage for food in offices, warehouses, shops, and restaurants. Like any living creature, ants need food and water to survive. If your facility has those, you’re a target for ants.
Eco-Friendly Pest Control in Northern Utah
Regardless of whether you need help for a small shop or a large industrial facility, a pest control company can provide personalized, effective solutions to keep your facility, employees, and customers happy and healthy.
Nature’s Balance Pest Control regularly services Park City, UT, and provides customized pest control services to residential and commercial clients throughout Holladay, Riverton, Vineyard, and the surrounding areas. Our technicians can use traditional natural options for treatments, so you can effectively rid your home or business of harmful pests while keeping your family, pets, and environment safe. Contact us today for more information or to request a free quote.